Fix Something went wrong Fortnite payment error once and for all
INSTALL BY CLICKING THE DOWNLOAD FILE
To fix various PC problems, we recommend DriverFix:
This software will keep your drivers up and running, thus keeping you safe from common computer errors and hardware failure. Check all your drivers now in 3 easy steps:
- Download DriverFix (verified download file).
- Click Start Scan to find all problematic drivers.
- Click Update Drivers to get new versions and avoid system malfunctionings.
- DriverFix has been downloaded by
readers this month.
Fortnite is one of the most popular battle royal game available, but many users reported Something went wrong Fornite payment error. If you are facing a similar error and have difficulty making in-app purchases, here is what you can do to fix this issue.
What to if I can’t buy V bucks in Fortnite?
1. Close the game and relaunch it
Something went wrong payment error can appear in Fortnite due to the server problem or game lag, but you can fix the error by quitting the game. After quitting, relaunch Fortnite and try to make the purchase again and check if the issue is still there.
2. Change matchmaking region
Fortnite being an online multiplayer game allows you to change your settings for the Matchmaking region. This mostly helps with combating high ping, but it can also fix Something went wrong Fornite payment error.
You can try changing the matchmaking region setting to fix this issue.
- Launch Fortnite and click on Menu.
- Select Settings from the options.
- Open the Game tab.
- Scroll down and look for matchmaking region. Use the Right-Left arrow button to change the region to the lowest possible ping.
- Close the Settings and try to make the payment.
3. Try to make purchase from mobile
Some users have reported that they are able to make purchases when the payment is made through Fortnitemobileversion.
To avoid Something went wrong payment error, launch Fortnite on your mobile and try to make the purchase.
4. Check your account access
If you are consistently spending on in-app purchases using a single credit card or account, the possibility is that Epic games may block some payments for security reasons.
In such a situation, you have no option but to wait for a few days or a week before making more purchases on Fortnite.
5. Update the Launcher
Sometimes Something went wrong Fornite payment error can appear if the Launcher is out of date. If the problem is on the developer side, Epic will release an update soon and fix the issue.
Make sure you download the latest version of the launcher and check if that solves the problem.
6. Disable antivirus or adblocker
If you have installed Adblocker on your PC to prevent annoying ads from appearing, you should know that Adblocker can interfere with Fortnite as well.
Adblocker may block any suspicious actions to protect the user, but it can also block genuine requests, and cause Something went wrong Fornite payment error. If you have an ad blocker installed on your PC, disable it.
Do the same for antivirus and firewall. To disable the antivirus, right-click on the Antivirus icon on the taskbar and select Quit. If your antivirus is the problem, you can choose another one with strong game modes from the best antivirus programs for gaming PCs.
To disable Windows Defender Firewall, do the following.
- Type Firewall in Cortana/Search.
- Open Firewall and Network Protection.
- In the Settings, click on your active network.
- Turn off Windows Defender Firewall.
- Quit Fortnite if running, and relaunch it. Try to make a purchase and see if the payment goes through.
7. Change your payment option
If Fortnite is blocking your payment due to consistent use of a single credit card to make the payment, try to change the payment methods.
Fortnite supports other payment methods like PayPal, prepaid cards, etc. Try to make a payment through alternate methods and see if that resolves the error.
8. Uninstall and reinstall Fortnite
If you’re still getting Something went wrong Fornite payment error, you can try to uninstall Fortnite and reinstall it. Uninstalling and reinstalling the game should fix any problems with installation files in the system.
- Open Control Panel.
- Go to Programs and Features > Uninstall.
- Select Fortnite and click on Uninstall.
- Reinstall the game from the official website and see if that resolves the error.
If you want to completely remove Fornite, including all its files and registry entries, we suggest you try using IOBit Uninstaller.
Something went wrong Fornite payment error usually occurs if the payment processing company blocks the card from making any more purchases to safeguard the user from overspending or to prevent misuse of stolen or lost credit cards.
However, we have listed some handy solutions that you can apply to fix this payment issue on your end. Do let us know if any of the solutions helped you fix the error in the comments below.
Restoro has been downloaded by 0 readers this month.
Was this page helpful?
Start a conversation